How to Locate an Active Duty Service Member


The Air Force Personnel Center provides information about locating military personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force (USAF) through the Air Force Worldwide Locator.

Locating veterans and service members:  National Archives.

Obtaining Military personnel records:

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration of the United States Government.